Are remanufactured/refilled toner cartridges a better value?
Find supplies & accessories
(e.g. HP Officejet 6200, HP 94, brochure paper)
Reliability means you save time and money
The proof is in the printing. In independent testing:
- 1 in 4 of tested remanufactured toner cartridges experienced problems.2
- Almost 1 in 3 print-outs using remanufactured cartridges were of limited or no use.2
- 60% of refilled toner cartridges had reliability issues.3
- Pages from refills exhibited over 7 times more issues with toner adhesion than HP.3
HP is proven more reliable than cheaper alternatives. None of the Original HP LaserJet print cartridges tested failed; all worked every time.2
Is it really "good enough"?
Lower-priced laser printer toner delivers just what you'd expect. Lower quality.
QualityLogic asked real business printing customers about the level of print quality they require for different business purposes. Often, remanufactured cartridge print quality degrades, resulting in pages that are not good enough for distribution to customers and others outside the company – or even for circulation within the company.2
Frustration you don't need
- Reprinting poor-quality pages
- Wasted supplies
- A drain on productivity
- Increased cost of printing
Count on HP to deliver superior technology for consistent results and uncompromised performance with every print.
Beware of hidden cost with bargain cartridges
Based on HP calculations which leverage the findings from a QualityLogic study, businesses that use remanufactured cartridges may incur 2x more in total costs over time.1
If you want to truly measure the affordability of printer toner, take into account the reliable performance you get with Original HP supplies:
- Fewer complications
- Less downtime dealing with leaky remanufactured cartridges
- More success
A responsible environmental choice
HP considers recycling part of the product life cycle and we do all we can to make the experience free and easy for our customers.
In fact, as of August 2009, HP has collected more than 300 million print cartridges through HP Planet Partners4 since the program began in 1991.
Read more about why Original HP print cartridges are a responsible environmental choice.
- HP cost calculation based on the average results of the 2008 QualityLogic Monochrome Toner Reliability Comparison Study
(www.qualitylogic.com/tonertestAP.pdf). Calculation includes paper, cartridge replacement and labor for reprints. Assumes equal number of pages for external, internal and individual use. Labor rate from a Mercer 2007/08 Global Pay Study (average for: KR, SG, AU and HK). Assumes purchase price for HP cartridge is US$115 and 50 percent lower purchase price for a remanufactured cartridge. Usage based on 123,101 pages per year. Actual prices, costs and savings may vary.
- A QualityLogic 2008 study compared Original HP LaserJet print cartridges with remanufactured toner cartridges sold in Asia Pacific for the HP LaserJet 2300 and HP LaserJet 4350 printers only. For details, see www.qualitylogic.com/tonertestAP.pdf.
- A QualityLogic 2010 study commissioned by HP compared Original HP LaserJet cartridges with refilled cartridges in Shanghai, CN and New Delhi, IN for the HP LaserJet M1319f and HP LaserJet P1008 printers (12A & 88A cartridges). For details, see www.qualitylogic.com/refilltestAP.pdf.
- Programme availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners programme. For more information, visit: www.hp.com/recycle.